What is a news item?
- There are 2 different news items shown on your home page.
These are your Practice News and Alerts. This panel will show the 3 most recent news items, showing the title of the news item and the date.
- We suggest the title is no more than 8-10 words maximum.
- The Category for this news type is “Practice News“.
CCG Tickertape News
This are the scrolling CCG headlines. This will show up to 10 news items, you can scroll through the items using the controls. It will show the title of the news item as the scrolling message.
- We suggest the title is no more than 15 words maximum.
- The Category for this news type is “CCG News“.
How to create a news item
- News can be accessed via the left hand side menu – WordPress calls them “Posts”, as shown below:
How to edit a news item
- When creating a new news item, you can add in the text, images or documents as you wish, and also Preview and Publish in the same way as in Pages.
Setting the Category
- For the news to be displayed in the correct place on the site, as shown above, you will need to first select the Post Category.
- Before you “Publish” your news item, select the category from the list available on the right hand side of the editor.
How to remove a news item
- To remove a news item from appearing but not permanently delete the item, change the status from Published to Draft. See Below: